CHICAGO, IL - With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular "Ecommerce Job of the Day" email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Insureon in its search for a Senior Analyst, SEO based in the firm's Chicago headquarters. Insureon is the leading online insurance agency for small business, specializing in serving the fast-growing microbusiness sector, which includes the self-employed and companies with 10 or fewer employees.
Insureon allows small businesses to apply online for insurance and receive multiple quotes from leading insurance carriers -- completing in minutes a process that otherwise would take a week or longer.
Insureon seeks an "SEO Scientist" to work with its CMO to analyze and manage all aspects of the business that affect its search rank for the keywords that matter. This opportunity is a good fit if you have enough three years of very solid SEO experience, and if you are articulate, detailed oriented, and tech savvy. In this role, you will play a central role in strategic planning, statistical analysis, reporting, and other areas that affect the firm's competitive search rankings.
NOTE: All postings on EcommerceCareers.com do not yet have Harry's commentary added to them. Harry's comments will be added to this posting shortly, at which time it will be moved to EcommerceJobs.com. To request a copy of the source material for Harry's pending write-up, please see the bottom of this post.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with IT, marketing, and product teams to own SEO responsibilities
- Monitor, track and evaluate campaign performance, based on client targets and baselines
- Review rankings and link data against internal measurements for success
- Site architecture strategy – Create and present site architecture recommendations for formation, build and management
- Monitoring and reporting of rankings, tools, trends, and development progress
- Provide analytically-driven problem solving approach to strategic initiatives
- At least 3 years work experience in SEO for an online business
- Geek-level knowledge of Bing/Google search paradigm
- Experience with Conductor, Open Site Explorer and other SEO tools
- Fluency in presenting findings with MS Excel, PowerPoint or other presentation tools
- Bachelor's degree preferred; MBA a plus.
- Research experience with insurance/financial services SEO
- Google certification; Web Master Tools expertise
- Published articles in SEOmoz or other SEO blogs
- Track record with an eCommerce or other successful online brand
- Geckoboard, Mixpanel or other dashboard platform experience
- Ability to multitask and be hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Coachable with a willingness to learn
- Organized with a keen eye and attention for detail
- Strong work ethic
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)