SEATTLE, WA - With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular "Ecommerce Job of the Day" email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Prep Sportswear in their search for a VP of Digital Marketing based in Seattle, WA.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the VP of Digital Marketing is a new strategic senior level position for the company. As the VP of Digital Marketing you will mobilize the company’s already engaged consumer base, attract new customers, and drive purchases through the use of all available digital techniques.
This is a pivotal role in developing and delivering the Sportswear Inc. digital marketing plans and strategy for all Prep Sportswear's markets. You will elevate and expand the consumer experience with Sportswear Inc, and you will lead the building of the firm's digital business including direct response programs, new customer acquisition, customer retention, and engagement and web campaigns to grow the overall business by focusing on the key business metrics of return on ad spend, average order size, traffic growth, and site conversion, retention and engagement.
It's a big job.
The most important aspect of this position is acquiring new customers. Sportswear Inc. has an engaging story to tell and millions of customized products to offer consumers. The goal is to drive more traffic to the web site by digitally engaging prospective consumers across all things digital, including email, paid search (SEM), organic search (SEO), social, and mobile.
You will lead and inspire a team of passionate individuals in the firm's Marketing, Product, Product Design, Merchandising, and Internet Marketing groups (including online store management and content) who are smart and experienced individuals who want to make a difference.
The VP will work closely with other departments of the company (IT/Development, Creative Usability, and Business Development) to ensure an integrated approach.
NOTE: All postings on EcommerceCareers.com do not yet have Harry's commentary added to them. Harry's comments will be added to this posting shortly, at which time it will be moved to EcommerceJobs.com. To request a copy of the source material for Harry's pending write-up, please see the bottom of this post.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow online sales and digital presence including develop digital marketing plans to increase traffic and engagement with new, prospective customers.
- Dramatically accelerate online sales, including programs with established and new strategic/key partners (affiliate partners and key external stakeholders across the media/content, web hosting, digital publishing space, and industry experts.)
- Online Store Management: leading Prep Sportswear's Marketing, Product, Product Design, and Merchandising teams responsible for building a “best customer” program that enables consumers to become passionate brand advocates, while also driving cross-category purchases.
- Product Design: oversee the product and product design teams developing targeted product offerings.
- Analytics: develop metrics to optimize store merchandising.
- Merchandising: define product placement and online product assortment
- Digital Marketing: you will develop and manage online marketing strategy.
- Define and implement performance marketing strategies to drive qualified traffic and sales: SEM, SEO, email, daily deals, retargeting etc.
- Develop CRM and cross channel strategies and analytics to measure the success of the campaigns.
- Define & implement Mobile & Social Content Strategies: Including video, community management, user engagement, social commerce, etc.
- Define and build the best organization to support company strategy across marketing, merchandising, product, and product design.
- Continuously evaluate market opportunities leveraging the use of marketing analytics to provide insights and maintain market knowledge of the latest ecommerce solutions & techniques.
- Actively manage activities PR, social media, and national advertising, to ensure consistent message and focus across all consumer touch points.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree / MBA
- 7 - 15+ years of marketing experience with at least 7-10 years digital experience with integrated media and marketing platforms that include experience in search, social, digital, and traditional marketing
- Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing digital marketing initiatives that will scale to support the requirements of a growing organization with multiple brands.
- Proven track record or growing revenue with a high level of understanding of ecommerce/technology
- Experience in building and managing internet/e-commerce teams in leadership roles, as well as managing work across indirect reports and cross-functional departments
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills, with the ability to collaborate, work with all levels of the organization, and achieve results (continually driving change and innovation through influencing all areas of the organization)
- Strong relationship builder both within the organization and with external partners and work style skills such as accountability, adaptability, initiative, and planning and organization skills
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change. Must be able to work in a fast pace changing environment.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)